New Sound Devices 633 Field Mixer & Recorder
Sound Devices has just announced the newest addition to their family of mixers/recorders, the 633:
The 633 is a compact, six-input mixer with integrated 10-track recorder featuring PowerSafe technology. It offers six analog inputs and records to SD and CompactFlash memory cards. The 633 is designed for audio professionals requiring go-anywhere portability, without compromising recording or mixing capability.
- Three high-bandwidth mic/ line inputs on XLR connectors (3+3), complete with phantom power, high-pass filter, input limiter and variable pan.
- Three additional line-level inputs on TA3 (mini-XLR) connectors offer flexibility for more complex productions.
- All inputs are assignable to its six output buses, left/right plus Aux 1/2/3/4.
- All six inputs plus output buses left/right and Aux 1/2 can be recorded to individual tracks.
- 10-track 24-bit, 48 kHz uncompressed WAV recording (96 kHz and 192 kHz sampling up to six tracks) to SD and CompactFlash memory cards. The two cards can be set independently, recording either identical material for a real-time backup, or combinations of WAV and time code stamped MP3 files.
- Powered by a unique Quad Power supply with PowerSafe technology, the unit is operational from any of four power sources. Sources can include external DC (12-18 V), two removable 7.2 V L-type lithium ion cells, and six internal AA batteries. The 633 automatically switches from one power supply to the next when power is exhausted or removed. With its combination of power sources, the 633 can operate for a full production day on batteries alone.
- PowerSafe keeps the 633 operating for up to 10 seconds and ensures that all file operations are fully closed and the unit gracefully shuts down.
- Clear, fast, easy to navigate controls and interface; visible in all light conditions, configurable metering and display.
- High-accuracy time code generator supporting all common rates and modes. In addition to time code, the 633 supports extensive file metadata. Metadata is entered from either the front panel or from an attached USB keyboard.
- Compact chassis is made from molded, metalized carbon fiber.
- AES input, two-channel AES3 or AES42, four channels of AES output.
- User-configurable headphone presets plus a headphone favorite mode for quick source selection.